Inaugural address是什么意思啊

Inaugural Address-----------John F.Kennedy 求英语原文.
██小雨咜██
Vice President Johnson,Mr.Speaker,Mr.Chief Justice,President Eisenhower,Vice President Nixon,President Truman,Reverend Clergy,fellow citizens:We observe today not a victory of party,but a celebration of freedom -- symbolizing an end,as well as a beginning -- signifying renewal,as well as change.For I have sworn before you and Almighty God the same solemn oath our forebears prescribed nearly a century and three-quarters ago.The world is very different now.For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life.And yet the same revolutionary beliefs for which our forebears fought are still at issue around the globe -- the belief that the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state,but from the hand of God.We dare not forget today that we are the heirs of that first revolution.Let the word go forth from this time and place,to friend and foe alike,that the torch has been passed to a new generation of Americans -- born in this century,tempered by war,disciplined by a hard and bitter peace,proud of our ancient heritage,and unwilling to witness or permit the slow undoing of those human rights to which this nation has always been committed,and to which we are committed today at home and around the world.Let every nation know,whether it wishes us well or ill,that we shall pay any price,bear any burden,meet any hardship,support any friend,oppose any foe,to assure the survival and the success of liberty.This much we pledge -- and more.To those old allies whose cultural and spiritual origins we share,we pledge the loyalty of faithful friends.United there is little we cannot do in a host of cooperative ventures.Divided there is little we can do -- for we dare not meet a powerful challenge at odds and split asunder.To those new states whom we welcome to the ranks of the free,we pledge our word that one form of colonial control shall not have passed away merely to be replaced by a far more iron tyranny.We shall not always expect to find them supporting our view.But we shall always hope to find them strongly supporting their own freedom -- and to remember that,in the past,those who foolishly sought power by riding the back of the tiger ended up inside.To those people in the huts and villages of half the globe struggling to break the bonds of mass misery,we pledge our best efforts to help them help themselves,for whatever period is required -- not because the Communists may be doing it,not because we seek their votes,but because it is right.If a free society cannot help the many who are poor,it cannot save the few who are rich.To our sister republics south of our border,we offer a special pledge:to convert our good words into good deeds,in a new alliance for progress,to assist free men and free governments in casting off the chains of poverty.But this peaceful revolution of hope cannot become the prey of hostile powers.Let all our neighbors know that we shall join with them to oppose aggression or subversion anywhere in the Americas.And let every other power know that this hemisphere intends to remain the master of its own house.To that world assembly of sovereign states,the United Nations,our last best hope in an age where the instruments of war have far outpaced the instruments of peace,we renew our pledge of support -- to prevent it from becoming merely a forum for invective,to strengthen its shield of the new and the weak,and to enlarge the area in which its writ may run.Finally,to those nations who would make themselves our adversary,we offer not a pledge but a request:that both sides begin anew the quest for peace,before the dark powers of destruction unleashed by science engulf all humanity in planned or accidental self-destruction.We dare not tempt them with weakness.For only when our arms are sufficient beyond doubt can we be certain beyond doubt that they will never be employed.But neither can two great and powerful groups of nations take comfort from our present course -- both sides overburdened by the cost of modern weapons,both rightly alarmed by the steady spread of the deadly atom,yet both racing to alter that uncertain balance of terror that stays the hand of mankinds final war.So let us begin anew -- remembering on both sides that civility is not a sign of weakness,and sincerity is always subject to proof.Let us never negotiate out of fear,but let us never fear to negotiate.Let both sides explore what problems unite us instead of belaboring those problems which divide us.Let both sides,for the first time,formulate serious and precise proposals for the inspection and control of arms,and bring the absolute power to destroy other nations under the absolute control of all nations.Let both sides seek to invoke the wonders of science instead of its terrors.Together let us explore the stars,conquer the deserts,eradicate disease,tap the ocean depths,and encourage the arts and commerce.Let both sides unite to heed,in all corners of the earth,the command of Isaiah -- to "undo the heavy burdens,and [to] let the oppressed go free."¹And,if a beachhead of cooperation may push back the jungle of suspicion,let both sides join in creating a new endeavor -- not a new balance of power,but a new world of law -- where the strong are just,and the weak secure,and the peace preserved.All this will not be finished in the first one hundred days.Nor will it be finished in the fir nor in the life of this A nor even perhaps in our lifetime on this planet.But let us begin.In your hands,my fellow citizens,more than mine,will rest the final success or failure of our course.Since this country was founded,each generation of Americans has been summoned to give testimony to its national loyalty.The graves of young Americans who answered the call to service surround the globe.Now the trumpet summons us again -- not as a call to bear arms,though arms we need -- not as a call to battle,though embattled we are -- but a call to bear the burden of a long twilight struggle,year in and year out," patient in tribulation,"² a struggle against the common enemies of man:tyranny,poverty,disease,and war itself.Can we forge against these enemies a grand and global alliance,North and South,East and West,that can assure a more fruitful life for all mankind?Will you join in that historic effort?In the long history of the world,only a few generations have been granted the role of defending freedom in its hour of maximum danger.I do not shrink from this responsibility -- I welcome it.I do not believe that any of us would exchange places with any other people or any other generation.The energy,the faith,the devotion which we bring to this endeavor will light our country and all who serve it.And the glow from that fire can truly light the world.And so,my fellow Americans,ask not what your co ask what you can do for your country.My fellow citizens of the world,ask not what America will do for you,but what together we can do for the freedom of man.Finally,whether you are citizens of America or citizens of the world,ask of us here the same high standards of strength and sacrifice which we ask of you.With a good conscience our only sure reward,with history the final judge of our deeds,let us go forth to lead the land we love,asking His blessing and His help,but knowing that here on earth Gods work must truly be our own.杩欎釜鍚?
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
扫描下载二维码inaugural的意思
沪江词库精选inaugural是什么意思、英语单词推荐、用法及解释、中英文句子翻译、英语短语、英音发音音标、美音发音音标。
英音 [ i'n?:gjur?l ] ; 美音 [ i'n?:gjur?l ] 副词[only before noun](正式讲话、会议等)就职的;开幕的;成立的可数名词:[usually sing.]【美】就职演说
同义词:;,,,;。 反义词:。
Inaugurate an exhibition
为展览会揭牌
Inaugurate the President
为总统举行就职典礼
To inaugurate a new era
开创一个新纪元
Inaugurate a new era
Today is the presidential inauguration.
今天是总统就职典礼。
Inaugurate a new immigration policy.
创制新的移民政策
The Queen inaugurated the exhibition.
女王为此次展览举行了开幕式。
Watt inaugurated the age of steam.
瓦特开创了蒸汽时代。
The inaugural (=initial)number
He will be inaugurated as president in January.
他将在一月就任总裁.
occurring at or characteristic of a formal investiture or induction
an address delivered at an inaugural ceremony (especially by a United States president)
serving to set in motion
the ceremonial induction into a position
ad. 听不见似地,不可闻地
a. 听不见的,不可闻的
n. 听不见,不可闻
1.不注意,分心
ad. 不注意地
a. 不注意的,怠慢的,疏忽的
2016inaugural是什么意思由沪江网提供。高频词,一定要记得哦!
英[?n'?:ɡj?r?l]
美[?n'?gj?r?l]
adj. 就职的;开始的;开幕的n. 就职典礼;就职演讲;开幕辞
I'm writing to invite you and your child to take part in the inaugural year of the premier's reading challenge.
我写信邀请你和你的孩子参加今年开始的州长的阅读挑战活动。
The swearing-in is only one part of the inaugural celebration.
宣誓就职只是就职庆祝活动一个部分。
His arrival for the inaugural ceremonies would be triumphal.
他将以胜利者的姿态参加落成典礼。
At last he began his inaugural address, his voice ringing out in the frosty air.
最后他开始发表就职演说,他的声音在寒冷的空气中回荡。
1.occurring at or characteristic of a formal investiture or induction
the President's inaugural address
an inaugural ball
2.serving to set in motion
the magazine's inaugural issue
the initiative phase in the negotiations
an initiatory step toward a treaty
his first (or maiden) speech in Congress
the liner's maiden voyage
1.an address delivered at an inaugural ceremony (especially by a United States president)
2.the ceremonial induction into a position
the new president obviously enjoyed his inauguration
只有登录后,才能查看此项,现在是否?
1.The swearing-in is only one part of the inaugural celebration.
宣誓就职只是就职庆祝活动一个部分。
2.Did you hear the President's inaugural speech?
你听总统的就职演说了吗?
3.In his inaugural address, the President appealed for unity.
总统在他的就职演说中呼吁国家统一。
4.His arrival for the inaugural ceremonies would be triumphal.
他将以胜利者的姿态参加落成典礼。
5.The anthology of inaugural addresses is one long muddle of grandiosity, mundanity and forgetability.
这一就职演讲文集是充满了宏伟、俗气和容易遗忘的集合。
好文推荐:inaugural address是什么意思,词典释义与在线翻译:
就职演说,开幕词
an address delivered at an inaugural ceremony (especially by a United States president)
inaugural address的用法和样例:
President George W. Bush's Inaugural Address.
乔治-w-布什就任第43任美国总统的演讲
He delivered his second inaugural address.
他发表了第二次就职演说。
I worked hard on my inaugural address.
我非常认真地准备了我的就职演说。
In his first inaugural address,Thomas Jefferson warned of entangling alliances.
托马斯-杰斐逊在他的就职演说中告诫我们结盟的危害。
Emcee: Firstly, the bridegroom need to present his inaugural address to us.
司仪:首先请新郎发表一个热情的洋溢的就职演说。
inaugural address的海词问答与网友补充:
inaugural address的相关资料:
【近义词】
就职典礼的
相关词典网站:Address是啥意思啊?如题 谢谢了_百度知道
Address是啥意思啊?如题 谢谢了
提问者采纳
演说&quot,风度? 2.致词&quot. 这里的address表示&quot: 他正在跟主席说话 6? 这里的address表示&. 句意. 句意. She addressed the parcel wrongly. 这里的address表示&quot.)寫(信)[(+to)] &quot.;: 我把他的地址忘了 1. 这里的address表示&quot. 句意..说话&quot. 句意. I'. address God.;向;. 这里的address表示&quot. 句意,技巧&对付. 句意: 跟上帝说话 7. The mayor gave a television addre对,满足&quot. 这里的address表示&quot. What&#39. 这里的address表示&quot. 句意;(处理问题的)本领,谈吐&quot. 句意. 用作名词表&quot.,头衔&quot, 作动词时有表示&对,一般用&quot. Mr Bush&#39: 他称呼她为&quot: 地址请写清楚 1. He is a man(給.: 他将向大会作演说 6. He is add. Who ought I to as your home address..;称呼.)提出&;; 8;的意思. 这里的address表示&地址&地址&地址&ve forgotten his address: 你家的地址呢: 這封信是寫給我母親的 8: 她把包裹上收件人的地址写錯了 3.;.? 此外作名词时有表示&quot. 句意: 市长昨晚作了电视演讲 4;addresses&quot: 他是一位举止文雅的人 5.发表演说;写地址&. 这里的address表示&quot. He addressed her as &quot. 这里的address表示&quot. 这里的address表示&演讲&quot. 句意;? 这里的address表示&quot: 我該向誰提出申請;. 句意: 布什总统就职演说 3. He is going to.;称呼+(as)&时. 句意.;.说话&瑪蒂小姐&(向;s Inaugural AMiss Mattie&quot., 即speak to. This letter is addressed to my mother. 这里的address表示&. Write the address clearly1;举止, 向;. 句意
其他类似问题
为您推荐:
其他1条回答
1. I've forgotten his address. 这里的address表示&地址&. 句意: 我把他的地址忘了 1. Write the address clearly. 这里的address表示&地址&. 句意: 地址请写清楚 1. What's your home address? 这里的address表示&地址&. 句意: 你家的地址呢? 2. She addressed the parcel wrongly. 这里的address表示&写地址&. 句意: 她把包裹上收件人的地址写錯了 3. Mr Bush's Inaugural Address. 这里的address表示&演说&. 句意: 布什总统就职演说 3. The mayor gave a television address yesterday evening. 这里的address表示&演讲&. 句意: 市长昨晚作了电视演讲 4. He is a man of pleasant address. 这里的address表示&举止,风度,谈吐&. 句意: 他是一位举止文雅的人 5. He is going to address the meeting. 这里的a...
等待您来回答
下载知道APP
随时随地咨询
出门在外也不愁}

我要回帖

更多关于 address什么意思 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信