the man asked me to set out to dohe facks that the g

A father with Parkinson’s disease was arrested as he watched the Olympic cycling road race because he failed to smile or look as if he was enjoying himself.Mark Worsfold, a martial arts trainer and former soldier, claims that he was thrown to the floor and handcuffed just as cyclists passed by. His worried wife Nicola only found out he was being held after she reported him missing when he did not turn up for their daughter’s ninth birthday party. The 54-year-old man had his fingerprints, DNA and mugshot taken before being questioned about why he did not appear to be enjoying the event on July 28. Police said Mr. Worsfold, who was held for over five hours, was arrested because of his manner, his state of dress and his being too near to the course. A spokesman added that the arrest was necessary to avoid a breach (破坏) of the peace because he was standing near a group of protesters (抗议者). But Mr. Worsfold, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2010, said that one of the symptoms of the disease is muscle rigidity, which can cause his face to become expressionless. “I was sitting minding my own business”, he told a local newspaper. “Before I knew anything the police grabbed me off this seven-foot wall, threw me to the floor and handcuffed me, so all I saw of the cycle race was between the feet of people from the pavement. It could have been done better. I was arrested for not smiling. I have Parkinson’s disease. ” Mr. Worsfold has since asked for a letter of not being guilty from police. The officers who made the arrest have apologized to him.小题1: Which word can be used to replace the underlined word “mugshot” in the second paragraph?A.clothesB.photosC.measuresD.tools小题2: Which statement is TRUE according to the passage? A.Worsfold’s wife was immediately informed of his being arrested by the police.B.Worsfold was arrested because he was extremely dangerous.C.Worsfold enjoyed the cycle race though he saw it between the feet of people from the pavement. D.Worsfold was arrested because of his clothes as well as his facial expression.小题3: What can we infer from the passage? A.The officers must have been punished for Worsfold’ arrest.B.Worsfold has an expressionless face and probably looks strong.C.The officers apologized to Worsfold after one day’s arrest.D.Worsfold was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease four years ago. - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:A father with Parkinson’s disease was arrested as he watched the Olympic cycling road race because he failed to smile or look as if he was enjoying himself.Mark Worsfold, a martial arts trainer and former soldier, claims that he was thrown to the floor and handcuffed just as cyclists passed by. His worried wife Nicola only found out he was being held after she reported him missing when he did not turn up for their daughter’s ninth birthday party. The 54-year-old man had his fingerprints, DNA and mugshot taken before being questioned about why he did not appear to be enjoying the event on July 28. Police said Mr. Worsfold, who was held for over five hours, was arrested because of his manner, his state of dress and his being too near to the course. A spokesman added that the arrest was necessary to avoid a breach (破坏) of the peace because he was standing near a group of protesters (抗议者). But Mr. Worsfold, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2010, said that one of the symptoms of the disease is muscle rigidity, which can cause his face to become expressionless. “I was sitting minding my own business”, he told a local newspaper. “Before I knew anything the police grabbed me off this seven-foot wall, threw me to the floor and handcuffed me, so all I saw of the cycle race was between the feet of people from the pavement. It could have been done better. I was arrested for not smiling. I have Parkinson’s disease. ” Mr. Worsfold has since asked for a letter of not being guilty from police. The officers who made the arrest have apologized to him.小题1: Which word can be used to replace the underlined word “mugshot” in the second paragraph?A.clothesB.photosC.measuresD.tools小题2: Which statement is TRUE according to the passage? A.Worsfold’s wife was immediately informed of his being arrested by the police.B.Worsfold was arrested because he was extremely dangerous.C.Worsfold enjoyed the cycle race though he saw it between the feet of people from the pavement. D.Worsfold was arrested because of his clothes as well as his facial expression.小题3: What can we infer from the passage? A.The officers must have been punished for Worsfold’ arrest.B.Worsfold has an expressionless face and probably looks strong.C.The officers apologized to Worsfold after one day’s arrest.D.Worsfold was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease four years ago.A father with Parkinson’s disease was arrested as he watched the Olympic cycling road race because he failed to smile or look as if he was enjoying himself.Mark Worsfold, a martial arts trainer and former soldier, claims that he was thrown to the floor and handcuffed just as cyclists passed by. His worried wife Nicola only found out he was being held after she reported him missing when he did not turn up for their daughter’s ninth birthday party. The 54-year-old man had his fingerprints, DNA and mugshot taken before being questioned about why he did not appear to be enjoying the event on July 28. Police said Mr. Worsfold, who was held for over five hours, was arrested because of his manner, his state of dress and his being too near to the course. A spokesman added that the arrest was necessary to avoid a breach (破坏) of the peace because he was standing near a group of protesters (抗议者). But Mr. Worsfold, who was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease in 2010, said that one of the symptoms of the disease is muscle rigidity, which can cause his face to become expressionless. “I was sitting minding my own business”, he told a local newspaper. “Before I knew anything the police grabbed me off this seven-foot wall, threw me to the floor and handcuffed me, so all I saw of the cycle race was between the feet of people from the pavement. It could have been done better. I was arrested for not smiling. I have Parkinson’s disease. ” Mr. Worsfold has since asked for a letter of not being guilty from police. The officers who made the arrest have apologized to him.小题1: Which word can be used to replace the underlined word “mugshot” in the second paragraph?A.clothesB.photosC.measuresD.tools小题2: Which statement is TRUE according to the passage? A.Worsfold’s wife was immediately informed of his being arrested by the police.B.Worsfold was arrested because he was extremely dangerous.C.Worsfold enjoyed the cycle race though he saw it between the feet of people from the pavement. D.Worsfold was arrested because of his clothes as well as his facial expression.小题3: What can we infer from the passage? A.The officers must have been punished for Worsfold’ arrest.B.Worsfold has an expressionless face and probably looks strong.C.The officers apologized to Worsfold after one day’s arrest.D.Worsfold was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease four years ago.科目:最佳答案小题1:B小题2:D小题3:B解析
知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心2012英语专科预备网上作业及全部答案_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
2012英语专科预备网上作业及全部答案
上传于||文档简介
&&21华​东​理​工​大​学​英​语​专​科​预​备​网​上​作​业​及​全​部​答​案
阅读已结束,如果下载本文需要使用1下载券
想免费下载本文?
定制HR最喜欢的简历
下载文档到电脑,查找使用更方便
还剩7页未读,继续阅读
定制HR最喜欢的简历
你可能喜欢Before my recent graduation, the last project of the term was called “Smile”. The class was asked to go out and
at three people and record their
37 . Soon after we were given the
, my husband and I went out to McDonald’s one cold morning. We were standing in
, waiting to be
, when suddenly everyone around us began to back away. A feeling of
rose up inside of me as I wondered what happened. As I
around I smelled a horrible dirty smell. Behind me were two poor homeless men. As I looked at the short man close to me, he was smiling and his blue eyes searched for
43 . He said “Good day” as he
44 the few coins. The waitress asked him what they wanted. He said, “Coffee is all, Miss.” That was all they could
felt the urge and actually hugged him. That was
I noticed all the eyes in the restaurant were set on
48 . I smiled and asked the waitress for two more breakfast meals on
49 trays(托盘). I then walked to the table that the men had
as a resting spot. I put the trays on the table and laid my
51 on the short man’s cold hand. He said “Thank you” with tears in his eyes. I
52 this story as my project. My instructor read it and said, “Can I
53 this with your classmates?” I nodded. At that moment I found something more
54 than a simple smile. I graduated with one of the most important
55 I would ever learn, unconditional acceptance. 小题1:A.stareB.aimC.smile D.shout小题2:A.experiencesB.behaviorsC.reactionsD.feelings小题3:A.taskB.degreeC.informationD.advice小题4:A.publicB.turnC.roadD.line小题5:A.servedB.calledC.paidD.checked小题6:A.excitementB.panicC.satisfactionD.disappointment小题7:A.gotB.movedC.turnedD.stayed小题8:A.pleasureB.attentionC.serviceD.acceptance小题9:A.countedB.beggedC.savedD.collected小题10:A.acceptB.affordC.drinkD.find小题11:A.eagerlyB.probablyC.hardlyD.really小题12:A.whyB.whenC.whereD.how小题13:A.meB.himC.my husbandD.the waitress小题14:A.separateB.usualC.cleanD.large小题15:A.bookedB.hiddenC.chosenD.ordered小题16:A.mealB.moneyC.billD.hand小题17:A.made upB.handed inC.went throughD.put away小题18:A.believeB.improveC.shareD.evaluate小题19:A.cheerfulB.practicalC.reasonableD.valuable小题20:A.coursesB.lessonsC.skillsD.rules - 跟谁学
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
Before my recent graduation, the last project of the term was called “Smile”. The class was asked to go out and
, waiting to be
around I smelled a horrible dirty smell. Behind me were two poor homeless men. As I looked at the short man close to me, he was smiling and his blue eyes searched for
44 the few coins. The waitress asked him what they wanted. He said, “Coffee is all, Miss.” That was all they could
55 I would ever learn, unconditional acceptance. 小题1:A.stareB.aimC.smile D.shout小题2:A.experiencesB.behaviorsC.reactionsD.feelings小题3:A.taskB.degreeC.informationD.advice小题4:A.publicB.turnC.roadD.line小题5:A.servedB.calledC.paidD.checked小题6:A.excitementB.panicC.satisfactionD.disappointment小题7:A.gotB.movedC.turnedD.stayed小题8:A.pleasureB.attentionC.serviceD.acceptance小题9:A.countedB.beggedC.savedD.collected小题10:A.acceptB.affordC.drinkD.find小题11:A.eagerlyB.probablyC.hardlyD.really小题12:A.whyB.whenC.whereD.how小题13:A.meB.himC.my husbandD.the waitress小题14:A.separateB.usualC.cleanD.large小题15:A.bookedB.hiddenC.chosenD.ordered小题16:A.mealB.moneyC.billD.hand小题17:A.made upB.handed inC.went throughD.put away小题18:A.believeB.improveC.shareD.evaluate小题19:A.cheerfulB.practicalC.reasonableD.valuable小题20:A.coursesB.lessonsC.skillsD.rules
Before my recent graduation, the last project of the term was called “Smile”. The class was asked to go out and
, waiting to be
55 I would ever learn, unconditional acceptance. 小题1:A.stareB.aimC.smile D.shout小题2:A.experiencesB.behaviorsC.reactionsD.feelings小题3:A.taskB.degreeC.informationD.advice小题4:A.publicB.turnC.roadD.line小题5:A.servedB.calledC.paidD.checked小题6:A.excitementB.panicC.satisfactionD.disappointment小题7:A.gotB.movedC.turnedD.stayed小题8:A.pleasureB.attentionC.serviceD.acceptance小题9:A.countedB.beggedC.savedD.collected小题10:A.acceptB.affordC.drinkD.find小题11:A.eagerlyB.probablyC.hardlyD.really小题12:A.whyB.whenC.whereD.how小题13:A.meB.himC.my husbandD.the waitress小题14:A.separateB.usualC.cleanD.large小题15:A.bookedB.hiddenC.chosenD.ordered小题16:A.mealB.moneyC.billD.hand小题17:A.made upB.handed inC.went throughD.put away小题18:A.believeB.improveC.shareD.evaluate小题19:A.cheerfulB.practicalC.reasonableD.valuable小题20:A.coursesB.lessonsC.skillsD.rules科目:难易度:最佳答案
小题1:C小题2:C小题3:A小题4:D小题5:A小题6:B小题7:C小题8:D小题9:A小题10:B小题11:D小题12:B小题13:A小题14:A小题15:C小题16:D小题17:B小题18:C小题19:D小题20:B
试题分析:本文讲述的是微笑对别人的作用,微笑着是对别人的接受和认可。小题1:C 上下文串联。根据上一行was called “Smile”老师布置的任务就是对三个人微笑然后记下对方的反应。小题2:C 名词辨析。A经历B行为C反应D感觉;老师让我们到外面去对三个人微笑,然后记下别人的反应。小题3:A 上下文串联。老师让我们出去对别人笑,然后记下别人的反应,对我们来说这是学习的任务。小题4:D 固定搭配。Stand in line排队站在;我和丈夫在麦当劳排队买东西吃。小题5:A 动词辨析。A服务B召集C付钱D核对;我们等待着服务员给我们提供服务。小题6:B 上下文串联。看到别人都朝后面,我以为出了事情,心里有点恐慌。我想知道发生了什么事情。小题7:C 动词辨析。A得到B移动C转身D带着;我转身闻到了臭味,原来是两个无家可归的流浪汉。小题8:D 上下文串联。根据文章最后一哈根unconditional acceptance.可知这个人想得到我们的接受。小题9:A 动词辨析。A数B乞求C节省D收集;这个人在数他的硬币。小题10:B 动词辨析。A接受B买得起C喝D发现;咖啡是他们唯一买得起的东西。小题11:D 副词辨析。我真地感觉到要去帮助他们。所以我采取了行动,根据下文可知我帮他们买了东西。小题12:B 语法分析。在这时我感觉到所有人都注意到我,因为我去帮助了这两个人。When在…时。小题13:A 上下文串联。出去帮助他们的是我,所以其他人都注意着我。小题14:A 形容词辨析。A分开的B通常的C干净的D大的;我请求服务员把买的东西放在两个分开的盘子里。小题15:C 动词辨析。A预定B躲藏C选择D命令;我来到了他们选择的休息地点的桌子旁边。小题16:D 上下文串联。根据横线后面的hand说明我把我的手放在了他的手上面。小题17:B 短语辨析。A化妆B上交C经历D收拾;在学校里我就把这个故事交了上去。小题18:C 动词辨析。A相信B提高C分享D评估;share…with…与…分享;老师想让别人也知道这个故事。小题19:D 形容词辨析。A振奋人心的B实用的C合理的D贵重的;在那时我发现了一些比微笑更贵重的东西。小题20:B 名词辨析。A课程B教训C技巧D规则;在我毕业的时候我学到了一个最重要的教训:无条件的接受别人。点评:本文讲述的是微笑对别人的作用,微笑着是对别人的接受和认可。从本篇完型我们可以看出完形的考查趋势。突出考察学生词汇与结构,词汇与结构这部分既是整个考试的基础,也是本题考察的重点部分,在以后的复习中,要特别重视词汇与语法的复习,重视自己基础的夯实与提高,只有这样,才能以不变应万变,在高考中中立于不败之地。另外在答题注意上下文理解,同时结合逻辑推理进行答题,题目就能迎刃而解了。

知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心同义词例题_百度文库
两大类热门资源免费畅读
续费一年阅读会员,立省24元!
同义词例题
上传于||文档简介
&&大​学,级​备​考
你可能喜欢}

我要回帖

更多关于 set out to 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。