如何写出国留学费用一览表PS申请Personal-Statement-Guide

个人陈述,(PERSONAL STATEMENT,以下简称PS)是申请美国,加拿大,英国等西方国家的大学/研究生录取时由申请人写的关于自我的一篇漫谈体文章,可以写过往经历、留学动机、学习研究兴趣等。而个人陈述在整个留学申请当中起着至关重要的作用,因为这是唯一一个可以用情感而非数据打动招生人员的地方,具有很强的操作性。可是到底要怎么下笔呢?相信有不少人为如何写留学个人陈述而绞尽脑汁。沪江留学小编来为您解忧!这里搜罗了海量的出国留学个人陈述范文模板,几乎囊括了所有热门申请专业,敬请参考。
——《个人陈述范文》专题简介
留学文书总结您的浏览器太古老,该升级了~
我们检测到您的浏览器正在使用IE9.0版本以下的内核,它太古老了,既不安全,也不能完美支持尚友网上的各项功能。请升级到最新的Chrome、Firfox或最新版IE浏览器,一劳永逸的解决所有问题!为什么你的 个人陈述 读起来,总是比其他人的差呢?每次出国党们都会试图搞清楚这个问题。尽管看起来相似的文书,读起来的味道却明显不同,问题到底出在了哪里?我们应该如何修改?一位职...
美国大学申请文书范文 (一) 题目: Prompt: Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? What did you learn? 范文: Im very excited to introduce our newest piece to you, our choir director, Mrs. T...
在 美国大学本科申请 的路上总会遇到各种各样的文书题目,我们绞尽脑汁,想方设法地写出别有新意的文书。但是总有些人在思考文书时会不小心踩入误区,时间和精力耗尽,缺没达到预期的...
文书虐我千百遍, 我待文书如初恋。申请季一到, 成千上万的小伙伴们就开始日复一日的苦逼文书之旅。而且最变态的是, 不同大学有不同的文书题目和分类, 基本上每篇文章都要重新构思和撰写...
文书在留学申请的过程中扮演着重要的角色,特别是在竞争越来越激烈的形势下,录取过程中单凭成绩的高低已经很难决定了,有时候甚至比较课外活动这一项都难分高下,这个时候最容易区...
出国留学,不管是去哪个国家,哪个阶段的留学,都需要有这样一个步骤,制作Personal Statement (PS)。一份好的PS不仅能让你弥补某些方面的不足,更能突出你的特点和优势,那么如何制作一份高...
留学文书写作1.慎用美式英语中一些含有否定意义的词汇 Be careful of using words that have a negative meaning in American English. Theword propaganda, for example, means something like government-controlledbrainwashing in the US....
留学文书写作 三部曲 Step ①:了解所申请专业 了解你所申请的专业及其本专业在中美的差别是文书写作前的第一步,尤其对于转专业的申请人来说了解所申请专业就更加重要。了解专业有多种...
通常来说,你的简历只要符合有内涵并且信息全面这两点,你就有很大的机会使得他人对你的简历产生兴趣,从而拥有了展示自己的机会。而在通常的情况下,一个人的简历在审阅者的手中只...
不管申请什么专业,有一点是通用的,那就是研究能力,而要论述研究能力,就要提到科学的研究方法,大部分的学科研究所使用的科学方法通常都包含(但不限于)以下的诸多重要元素: 1.严谨...各专业PS范文模板
Written by Administrator
Written by Administrator
个人陈述是在申请过程中按照学校要求来写一篇有关申请人背景,学术成就和未来研究和职业目标的文章。一篇成功的个人陈述应不但应该语言流畅,逻辑严谨,层次分明,更要充分显示申请人的才华并抓住审阅人的注意力。几乎所有学校都要求提交个人陈述。
个人陈述也有不同的名称,如Personal Statement,Statement of Purpose,Statement
of Intent, Statement of Objectives, Academic Statement,Study Plan,Academic Objectives等。个人陈述应当包含以下内容:
(一)申请者的学术或专业兴趣及背景;
(二)欲研究的方向;
(三)未来的职业目标。如果个人陈述写作得当,可以很大程度地提高申请者获得录取和奖学金的机会。这对申请者来说是一个绝好的机会。可惜的是很多申请者对TOEFL、GRE可谓呕心沥血,而对个人陈述往往一蹴而就,敷衍了事,内容贫乏、语法错误连篇。而西方的大学并不单是通过传统的考试来考评其申请者的资格,这并不是说他们的录取标准不严格。外国教授在决定你是否正是他们想要的人时,首先希望听一听你对于你自己作何评价。当你通过申请文书来介绍你自己时,你会发现所面临的机遇和挑战同样之大。
要写出成功的申请文书仅仅有那些适用于任何类型写作的基本写作技巧(清晰、简洁)是远远不够的。一篇好的申请文书要求申请人能够用一种与其他申请人完全不同方式,巧妙地展现自己的独特个性和经验。这是一件要求比较高,通常非常繁累的工作。这不仅仅对中国人如此,以英语为母语的人在此类写作时也会感到十分的头疼,但是我们中国人还需克服语言的障碍。
如何写个人陈述
个人陈述的内容应包含下列三项资料:
(一)申请者的学术或专业兴趣及背景;
(二)欲研究的方向;
(三)未来的职业目标;
写作时,依以上三点将文章分为三个主要部分。不要像列清单,也不要重覆申请表格已有的资料。
注意事项:
(一)详读学校的写作说明并了解问题的重点,不赘言,不遗漏,且在要求的字数内完成。例如学校要求五百字内完成(In
500 words or less discuss ...),则全文最好不要超过五百字。如果学校要求以问答方式来叙述
(Responses to essay questions, Please limit your response to on
page.),即依其要求回答不长过一页。
(二)写作时应清楚明确。例如:
"I am interested in English literature" 这句话表达不够清楚,而I
was concentrated on Milton and
Shakespeare in college" 就明白的说出了申请人的志趣及研究范围。
received extensive training in physics" 这句话不够详细,"My
training was in the area of particle physics"就具体多了。
"I was very active as a student representative" 最好说明曾经做什么:组织活动,主办演讲,沟通学生与校方意见等。
am attracted to your department by its brilliant faculty."应说明对於教授的认知是从何而来,如在何处读到某教授的文章而愿受教于他,或某位教授正在从事一项重要研究,与自己欲攻读的研究领域相同等。表达对所申请之系的课程、教师和特性有些了解,依学校之不同而提及某位任教於该校的教授、新课程或该校的某个学位有兴趣。
(三)不要用语意模糊的句子,如
"Your esteemed school"应代以学校的名字。"I
will return to serve my country"应明确的说出所要从事的到底是什麽工作等。
(四)避免用深奥的字汇,尽量以简单容易的字来表达。
(五)不要离题,谈论一些不相干的事。
(六)态度诚恳认真,不卑不亢。不用为自己的弱点道歉,比如托福成绩不高等;也不要表现得过份自信。重要的是给学校一个专业,认真的印象。
(七)不要抄袭,改写书上的样本文章。应详读学校的介绍,了解其要求,再对自己的学业背景、计划加以考虑,写出自己的风格。
(八)检查英文的时态、性别及单多数等方面的错误。
Do's for Personal Statement
your essay and give it direction with a theme or thesis. The thesis is the main
point you want to communicate.
you begin writing, choose what you want to discuss and the order in which you
want to discuss it.
concrete examples from your life experience to support your thesis and
distinguish yourself from other applicants.
about what interests you, excites you. That's what admissions staff wants to
your essay with an attention-grabbing lead -- an anecdote, quote, question, or
engaging description of scene.
your essay with a conclusion that refers back to lead and restates your
7.Revise your essay at least three times.
addition to your editing, ask someone else to critique your personal statement
9.Proofread
your personal statement by reading it out loud or reading it into a tape
recorder and playing back the tape.
clearly, succinctly.
Don'ts for Personal Statement
include information that doesn't support your thesis.
start your essay with "I was born in.." or "My parents came from..."
write an autobiography, itinerary, or resume
try to be a clown (but gentle humor is ok).
be afraid to start over if the essay just isn't working or doesn't answer the
essay question.
try to impress your reader with your vocabulary.
rely exclusively on your computer to check your spelling.
provide a collection of generic statements and platitudes.
give mealy-mouthed, weak excuses for your GPA or test scores.
make things up.
Written by Administrator
Brainstorming For Your Personal Statement
Brainstorming is the first stage of writing, often called "prewriting." Brainstorming is the process of gathering all of your ideas and getting them on paper without editing them.
The brainstorming stage does not involve editing, so don't censor your ideas. There will be enoug right now you want to get all of your ideas down so that you don't forget anything. Brainstorming is NOT an outline, NOT a draft and certainly NOT an essay. The purpose of brainstorming is to write out ideas, thoughts, pieces of thoughts, without regard for their connections with each other. Structure and form are not important at this point. What is important is to get everything out of your head and onto paper.
Begin by creating a brainstorm sheet. Be totally honest! Ask yourself the following questions, and write out your answers.
What are my strengths?
What are my weaknesses?
What is special about me?
What kind of person am I?
What do I care about?
Why is (BLANK) more important to me than (BLANK)? (Fill in the blanks.)
What is it like growing up in (BLANK)?
What is it like going to school at (BLANK)?
Gathering Information and Developing a Theme
After you've completing your brainstorming, you'll want to filter the fruits of your brainstorming and identify ONE area you wish to pursue in more detail. Look for areas that might seem interesting or different to a reader. A good way to do this is to group similar ideas together t these patterns can then uncover a potential theme for your essay. (Your essay's theme is its controlling idea.)
For example, if after brainstorming and grouping your ideas, you find that your talent for writing shows up in your hobby as a budding novelist, your community service as a teacher of creative writing to youngsters, your extracurricular work as a writer for the school newspaper, and your award for outstanding history essay, then you should consider focusing your essay around this talent and how this interest in writing shapes your place in the world and your goals.
Remember--it is the quality of your experience as you describe it that matters, not the number of experiences.
Begin to focus your thoughts by examining your actual experiences. Use the information you've uncovered through to address the following topics.
? An achievement that made me feel terrific...
? Something I have struggled to overcome or change about myself or my life...
? An event or experience that taught me something special...
? A "real drag" of an experience that I had to get past...
? Someone's act of strength or courage that affected me...
? A family experience that influenced me in some powerful way...
? A lesson, class project, activity or job that had an impact on my academic or career goals...
? A time I blew it, failed, made bad choices, and how I got past it...
? Some memorable event or advice involving an older person...
? An event that helps to define me, in terms of my background...
Choose one or two of your favorite respones from the list above (or combine a couple that evoked similar responses). Check to make sure your written description addresses the following three questions. If it doesn't, add details so that the experience you describe will be vivid to a reader who doesn't know you.
1. What were the key moments and details of the event?
2. What did I learn from this event?
3. What aspect of this event stays with me most?
STEP THREE
Decide on a theme for your essay. Taking the experience you wrote about in Step Two, answer the following questions:
?What does this event reveal about me?
?What makes it special or significant?
?How does this event make me special or make me stand out?
? What truth about me is revealed through this event?
Your answers will reveal your theme.
More Articles...
&StartPrev1&
Page 1 of 5
Copyright © 2016 Personal Statement. All Rights Reserved.
留学申请快速导航
【广告】.维持网站运营}

我要回帖

更多关于 出国留学网 的文章

更多推荐

版权声明:文章内容来源于网络,版权归原作者所有,如有侵权请点击这里与我们联系,我们将及时删除。

点击添加站长微信